Business Development Manager
- Position: Business Development Manager
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
Arnot Realty is seeking an enthusiastic and professional Business Development Manager to support our commercial, retail & multi-family properties. As a member of our team, you will be exposed to a wide-variety of experiences and interact with seasoned real estate professionals in a tightly integrated and cross-functional team. As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing and developing a pipeline of local and regional opportunities that support Arnot Realty’s business objectives. This role will work with individuals from across the organization, leading new business acquisition efforts from inception to completion. In addition, you will provide support to those newly acquired businesses, helping them grow and thrive. The ideal candidate enjoys meeting goals, is organized, has proficient multi-tasking skills, is pro-active, great at relationship building, is creative when developing solutions to problems, and has a true passion for helping businesses grow.
1. Pursue new local and regional business opportunities to grow our Property Management Services for commercial and multi-family properties, by identifying targets, determining needs of potential clients, and negotiating agreements.
2. Seek out local & regional leasing opportunities for Arnot Realty’s portfolio of commercial and retail properties as well as B2B leasing opportunities for multi-family properties by prospecting, screening, and determining needs of potential tenants.
3. Develop a quantifiable and sustainable pipeline of property management and leasing opportunities that align with our growth objectives and support our properties.
4. Manage property management and leasing opportunities from inception to completion by identifying the prospect, preparing analysis of opportunities including ROI, NPV, market rent research, etc.; drafting proposals or Letters of Intent; negotiating and reviewing contracts & leases; and following the deal through execution.
5. Work with various team members on new acquisition opportunities to assist with identifying and planning for landlord work, tenant improvements, design, construction, and tenant or client startups.
6. Work with existing clients & tenants on contract or lease modifications, renewals, extensions, and relocations in a timely manner that best support the property’s business plans and goals.
7. Cultivate innovative ideas to proactively address occupancy, atmosphere, and perception of Arnot Realty’s real estate portfolio. Promote the company’s property management services, address or predict client objectives and identify which services would appeal to clients.
8. Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts of revenues and expenses, that support property management business plans and goals.
9. Assist when needed in working with clients & tenants throughout the duration of their contract or lease.
10. Attend conventions, trade shows, etc. to meet with regional tenants to prospect and research current market trends, related to commercial, retail, and multi-family property management and leasing.
11. Compile and present monthly activity reports, market analysis, and industry updates, as well as provide status updates as requested.
12. Support the analysis and requirements to investigate and execute real estate investment decisions.
13. Be active in the local business community with the ability to quickly build rapport with peers and new contacts as well as maintain good relations with current tenants and prospects.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
1. A bachelor’s degree or higher; preferably in business, marketing and/or real estate is preferred.
2. Due to Federal regulations this position requires an employee to have a COVID-19 Vaccination or have a qualified exemption.
3. Prior experience in business development required. Prior experience with commercial, retail and multi-family real estate leasing, brokerage, sales, and/or related industry experience is beneficial.
4. Proficient in networking and building relationships; should be respected within the local community and well connected to businesses, retailers, restaurants, municipal agencies, and entrepreneurs.
5. Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
6. Strong experience in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel, as well as CRMs and other computer applications used in the development and analysis of real estate transactions.
7. Must be able to work under direct supervision as a team member, as well as be able to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
1. Occasionally lift, move, or carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Must be able to tour real estate, and traverse undeveloped properties often including ascending/descending of stairs.
3. Must be able to remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing) for long periods of time.
4. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, bend and/or twist as needed.
5. Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone, copy machine and computer printer, as well as communicate with customers, clients and colleagues who have inquiries about our business, and able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6. Must be able to travel to and from prospect locations on a regular basis.
Salary & Benefits
1. This position is a full-time, exempt role.
2. Compensation is based on experience.
3. We offer a full range of benefits:
Paid time off, paid holidays and a paid day off for your birthday.
Coverage for health, dental and vision insurance available on your date of hire.
Matching 401(k) plan and a company paid life insurance policy available.
- Application Details: For more information and how to apply, please visit: www.arnotrealty.com/careers