- Position: Business Manager
- Term: Permanent Full Time
- Number of Positions: 1
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Job Start Date: immediate
- Job Location: 235 Lake Street Elmira
The Arnot Art Museum seeks a Business Manager to join its management team in an award-winning creative environment.
Reporting to the Director, the Business Manager is responsible for all finance-related activities of the Museum, including accounting, institutional assurance/audit, risk management, budgeting/forecasting, and human resources administration. The Business Manager also provides strategic guidance to support the Executive Director in development and implementation of policies, processes, internal controls, and systems necessary to manage the organization’s financial operations.
A combination of education and experience which, in the judgment of employer, equals stated standards:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related business field; CPA and/or MBA degree preferred
• 5 years non-profit accounting and financial management experience
DUTIES The successful candidate will:
• Manage financial operations including cash management, accounting, forecasting, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
• Ensure accounts, ledgers and reporting systems comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and best practices.
• Collaborate across the organization to ensure effective budget preparation, timely and accurate financial reporting including key indicators, and alignment of results with strategic priorities.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director in the annual budgeting and planning process.
• Construct financial models for strategic planning and proposed museum activities and programs
• Manage monthly accounting processes, including bookkeeping, payroll processing, invoicing, and financial tracking.
• Prepare timely, complete, and accurate financial reports and analyze results against strategic priorities.
• Ensure appropriate accounting control over the museum’s endowments and other investment funds.
• Monitor the Museum’s investment portfolio.
• Assist the Executive Director in development and implementation of projects that maximize earned income.
• Ensure the successful implementation of risk management, legal, and insurance policies and procedures.
• Act as chief compliance officer with overall responsibility for internal control, records retention, contract administration and ethics/conflict of interest policies.
• Oversee contracts and legal compliance matters, coordinating as necessary with external legal counsel
• Lead audit preparations, coordinate schedules and reports, and manage relationship with auditors.
• Monitor and assure tax-exempt 501(c)3 compliance, including submission of annual IRS Form 990.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Finance Committee and attend Board of Trustees meetings as needed.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director on core Human Resources functions including, but not limited to compensation, benefits management, performance management, and administration.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Financial management: a proven track record in non-profit budgeting and financial management. Experience with and understanding of general accounting, grant tracking, payroll management, human resources, and general business systems and functions. Demonstrated success in developing and monitoring financial systems.
• Attention to detail: the ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
• Resourcefulness: the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic, flexible. Ability to synthesize data, make decisions, and communicate priorities to staff. Demonstrated success in setting priorities, executing multiple tasks, and achieving objectives.
• Strategic vision: the ability to think strategically and connect strong execution to strategic priorities and objectives.
• Communication: the ability to actively participate in a work culture that promotes open, frequent and dynamic communication among staff, stimulating teamwork to accomplish desire goals and objectives.
Timeline Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.
Commitment to diversity is key to building a successful institution. Diversity is the process of recognizing, understanding, valuing, and utilizing all the ways in which we differ. We are committed to serving our visitors with a professional staff that respects each individual’s strengths and shares each person’s concerns. Business activities such as hiring, training, compensation, promotions, transfers, terminations and Museum-sponsored social and recreational activities are conducted without discrimination based on race, color, genetics, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a special disabled veteran. The Museum makes accommodation for religious observances.
No telephone inquiries, please. Email a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Alternately, you may mail materials to the Executive Director’s attention at:
Arnot Art Museum
235 Lake Street
Elmira, New York USA 14901
The Arnot Art Museum is a world-class institution of fine art located at 235 Lake Street in Elmira, New York. Housed in its original 1833 showcase with a grand late-twentieth century gallery addition, the Museum displays its permanent collection of seventeenth to nineteenth century European paintings and nineteenth to twenty first century American art. Temporary exhibitions highlight various aspects of the collections and include works from around the world. The Museum has a primary focus on Contemporary Realist art in its collecting and exhibitions.
- How to Apply: Mail, Email
- Application Details: No telephone inquiries, please. Email a resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternately, you may mail materials to the Executive Director’s attention at: Arnot Art Museum 235 Lake Street Elmira, New York USA 14901
Arnot Art Museum
235 Lake St, Elmira, New York, 14901, United States