Front Office Professional
- Position: Front Office Professional
- Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Are you looking for a new career and have a true desire to make a difference in patients’ lives? Do you wake up with a smile on your face? Are you patient and understanding? Do you also have good organizational and computer skills? Can you provide excellent customer service?
Our hearing healthcare practice is seeking a highly motivated, talented, happy and compassionate individual to join our team in delivering quality hearing care.
Welcome to Cortland Audiology, PC, an outstanding place to work and the region’s premier hearing healthcare practice, located in Cortland, Elmira, and Vestal, NY and serving 12 counties in south-central New York and 4 more in northern Pennsylvania.
Our team of professionals has a long history of providing superior patient care in a friendly, upbeat office. Together, we appreciate that the most important aspect of our patients’ lives is the connection to their families and maybe feeling a little more like themselves through better hearing.
The Front Office Professional (FOP) is a Full-Time position located primarily in our
Elmira, NY location that will drive our patient experience through effective and
efficient schedule management. This individual will help build and retain our patient
base by converting both inbound and outbound patient calls and referrals into
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Converts inbound/outbound calls into appointments and answers pre-visit questions, including about billing.
· Ensure complete and accurate patient registration; records patients’ insurance, complete patient contact information, primary care and specialists contact; scans documents into patient charts.
· Verifies insurance and completes necessary paperwork to ensure that all hearing aids are delivered in a timely fashion for each appointment.
· Confidentially manages patient accounts and ensure compliance with professional standards and regulatory requirements.
· Executes appointment reminder/confirmation process prior to appointment and ensures the patient has the best experience possible with timely and courteous interactions throughout.
· Discusses cost of service, insurance coverage, and payment options with the patient, and when needed, schedule any necessary follow up or outpatient appointments.
· Assists team in meeting goals for quality assurance and best practices and supports the practice’s Wellness mission by asking all current patients for referrals.
· Works as a team player, maintains professionalism, and treats team members and patients with respect.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with service providers; helps to manage inventory and communicates effectively with vendors.
· Participates in ongoing training and development through weekly conference calls and onsite/offsite classes.
· High school diploma or equivalent, Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
· Minimum of two years working in a front office, sales/retail, or customer service environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Familiar with insurance billing and medical reimbursement workflow
The successful candidate will also possess:
· A large focus on people and culture within a fast-paced, technically focused environment
· A positive and results-oriented mindset; demonstrates strategic thinking, innovation, and flexibility in dealing with changing and ambiguous situations
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of patients
· Works as a team player and is reliable
· Exemplifies superior customer service skills Attractive compensation and benefits package is offered.
- How to Apply: Email
Southern Tier Audiology