- Position: Grant Writer
- Term: Permanent Full Time
- Application Deadline: November 25, 2019
Researches grant opportunities, writes grant proposals and secures funding from foundations, corporations and government sources to support Arnot Health System. Works with leadership to align funding opportunities with system priorities and monitors compliance with contract requirements. Responsible for developing and maintaining grant relationships with private corporations, foundations as well as Federal/State grant making agencies. Position reports to the Senior Director of Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stays abreast of Arnot Health’s strategic directions, priorities, and financial needs that might be eligible for grant funding.
- Stays current on healthcare issues and national/state funding trends.
- Uses multiple resources to research, identify, develop and respond to public and private grant opportunities.
- Uses experience to synthesize complex data and other information to create clear and compelling grant applications.
- Maintains a master database of grant proposals, funding sources and key timelines.
- Implements systems to create internal reports, track compliance with contract requirements, and support grant management.
- Acts as in-house expert on grant funding and provides a centralized effort to write, track, prioritize and submit grant proposals.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate project development and write grant applications.
- Serves as an Arnot Health liaison to funding organizations and conducts on and off-site funder visits/ conferences as appropriate or required.
- Develops and maintains updated boilerplate with organizational descriptions, key points, demographics of service area and health statistics that grant makers routinely seek.
- Maintains Grants Gateway and all portals/databases for submission and tracking of grant applications and reports.
- Attends all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
- Employee understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the customer/patient by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the customer’s needs, both psychologically and physically, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the customer in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience with the Medical Center.
- It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the classification and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties, which may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Healthcare Administration, Business, Communications, etc.).
At least three years experience and demonstrated success in grant writing for a health care organization is required. Grant professional certificate preferred. Experience in soliciting foundation, corporate or governmental grant makers a plus. Applicants demonstrating equivalent combined education and professional experience may be considered.
This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational abilities and time management skills. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, presentation Software, funding databases and job-related computer programs. Proficiency in Rasier’s Edge is a plus. Must be flexible and able to multitask and prioritize work to meet timeliness.
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION REQUIREMENTS:
No CPR required.
Light physical effort. Routine office jobs.
Category III. Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. And Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
** A.D.A Essential Functions
- How to Apply: Mail
- Application Details: 571 E. Market Street, Suite 102 Elmira, New York 14901