Learn To Earn
- Position: Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Number of Positions: Multiple
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
- Job Start Date: Tax School Starts 10/7/20
- Job Location: Horseheads, Elmira Corning and Painted Post, NY
We are Jackson Hewitt, Working Hard for the Hardest Working.
In a world where the hardest working Americans are strapped for both time and money, Jackson Hewitt is on a mission to be their advocate. For many clients, the tax return is the most important financial event of the year, and the biggest paycheck many will receive. We want to help them get their maximum refund, faster, and with fewer associated fees.
Join a team that is focused on being friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable advocates for our clients. Deliver financial tools that benefit the client while achieving the maximum tax refund, faster, and with fewer associated fees.
Jackson Hewitt offers training (certification by state) related to income tax preparation and the delivery of excellent customer service, flexible hours (part-time and full-time) and bonus potential. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
• Presents the Company’s value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques. • Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company’s propriety tax software application. Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considers the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer. • Answering client calls via our national call center routing system. • Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion. • Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns. • Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients. • Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns. • Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner. • Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution • Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
Tax Preparer I
• Presents the Company’s value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques. • Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional client service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. • Hands-on marketing with surrounding businesses, including office visits to promote brand awareness and new clientele • High School Degree or equivalent. • 0-1 years of experience preferably in sales, service and or tax preparation. • Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills. • Basic knowledge of computer functions required. • Must be able to obtain certification by the state with a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number). • Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Application Details: Please visit Indeed.com and search Jackson Hewitt, then choose Elmira, NY and all available positions will start loading.