Retail Shop Manager
- Position: Retail Shop Manager - Glenora Wine Cellars
- Term: Permanent Full Time
- Number of Positions: 1
- Application Deadline: May 22, 2021
- Job Location: 5435 Route 14, Dundee, New York 14837
Glenora Wine Cellars is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Retail Shop Manager to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of Glenora’s high-volume Tasting Room, Wine Retail Operation. This individual will be responsible for hiring, training and management of the Retail Shop team, budget development and oversight, inventory management, and coordination of off-site wine sales and tastings, wine club management and online sales and shipping. He/She will facilitate and maintain a culture of excellent customer service, provide an organized work environment, and establish and track sales metrics and goals for staff. He/She will need to come to the role with a successful, proven track record in the wine industry. The Retail Shop Manager must work weekends and holidays. Compensation range which is $48,000 – $53,000 plus benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Retail Sales preferred.
- At least three years of retail or tasting room (or an equivalent), management experience required.
- Management experience with a demonstrated track record of leading a team.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and POS programs.
- Knowledge of wine and wine industry, with the ability to communicate comfortably with a wide range of people.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and stand for long periods of time.
ABOUT GLENORA WINE CELLARS
Established in 1977 and opening in May 1978, Glenora Wine Cellars became the first winery on Seneca Lake. Glenora’s retail shop is open 364 days a year and one of the most visited tasting rooms in the Finger Lakes Region, well known for offering excellent customer service, and the consistent production of a wide variety of great wine.
The operation expanded in 1999 with the addition of a 30-room inn and Veraisons Restaurant.
Steeped in tradition and highly regarded in the industry, Glenora Wine Cellars is mainstay in the New York Wine Industry.
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Click the following to apply and submit your cover letter and resume: APPLY NOW
Or view our “Job Postings” on our website at: www.lawrenceplacement.com
For further information:
President and Principal
Lawrence Executive Placement
- How to Apply: Email
- Application Details: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume.
Glenora Wine Cellars
5435 Route 14, Dundee, New York, 14837, United States