With membership in the Chemung County Chamber of Commerce, you are automatically connected to more than 500 businesses throughout the region. We strive to provide local businesses with as many opportunities for success as possible and we encourage members to explore ways to get involved, working with them to maximize the potential for their business in the local market and beyond. We help businesses and organizations of all sizes to network, collaborate, influence, connect, and succeed.
A few of the many benefits of Chamber Membership:
Attracting Potential Business
Gain direct exposure to business and community leaders through a variety of methods, including:
- Members News section in the monthly Today’s CHAMBER newsletter
- Free display of brochures in the Chamber lobby of the Chemung County Commerce Center building
- Shop Small Saturday promotion
- Exclusive advertising opportunities, as well as program and event sponsorship opportunities
- Online Membership Directory listings
Networking & Development
Make the most of your membership and get to know your customers and your community. There are many ways to get involved and get active:
- Business After Business Receptions
- Annual Chamber events including the Economic Forum, Awards Ceremony, Meeting of the Members, James V. Clune, Jr. Memorial Golf Tournament, and “Made in the Southern Tier” Manufacturing Day
- Ribbon Cuttings for Grand Openings or re-openings
- Educational seminars that bring expert insight into issues that affect employers
- Leadership Chemung educational program for professional development
- Join a Chamber Council, Committee or Task Force
Cost Saving Benefit Plans
Membership offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Employee Benefits Program through Worksite Solutions
- Member-to-Member Discount Program providing an opportunity for participating Chamber member businesses to reach other Chamber members and their employees
- Background Screening provided by our partnership with Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
- Staples offers local small businesses resources to help your business grow and succeed. For more information please click here.
Certificate of Origin
The Chemung County of Commerce, through a partnership with essCert and the American World Trade Chamber of Commerce (AWTCC), offers electronic Certificate of Origin and stamped shipping documents. The Chamber is proud to offer this benefit to the business community in order to assist in the facilitation of companies doing business internationally. Create, submit, and print electronically certified documents conveniently from your own desk. For more information, click here.
The Chemung County Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce a new background screening partnership with the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce. Members of the Chemung County Chamber of Commerce will be eligible for discounted rates for any screening service offered through this partnership.
Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce has been in the background screening industry for over 20 years and their services are being utilized by organizations of all sizes, nationwide. Their highly trained Consumer Reporting Agents (CRA) work diligently to ensure your peace of mind and confidence when onboarding new employees or volunteers for your business.
For more information, please click here.
Joining the Chamber network is an investment in the future of Chemung County and provides an opportunity to take advantage of the many benefits of membership. Some of the ways the Chamber works for its members are:
- Advocacy on Local, State, and even National levels
- Educational programs on important business topics
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development
- Value-added business programs
- Milestone awards
Improving the Business Climate & Quality of Life in the Community
The Chamber keeps you informed on key issues and legislation affecting your business and your bottom line. When local firms join forces through the Chamber, our collective voice has enormously more impact locally and in Albany and Washington. The Chamber works for you by lobbying on key business-related issues, by providing public affairs forums and legislative action alerts, by working with local, state and national business organizations and by addressing issues with city, county and state legislators and leaders.